June 14, 2017

Two Conversation Prints


A fiber friend is going through the sad process of clearing out her ailing aunt's home.  The aunt was quite a crafter, and had amassed a huge collection of craft supplies over many decades.  My friend found it was way too much for her to take on, and offered us the chance to choose some goodies for ourselves.

I always take a moment at times like these and at estate sales to thank and honor the person who loved the same things I do, and who found such fun ways to express her personality!

Here are two really fun conversation print fabrics that I adopted from her stash.

The one at the top of the post has ended up in my pile of extra special, totally wonderful fabrics!  Here's why:





I think it is from the 1960s since it reminds me of the style of cartooning that was often used in advertising in the 50s and 60s.  I'd call it a loose, stylized style of drawing.  Given the women's hair styles, I'm going with the 60s. 

This one, while less amazing, is just plain adorable.


There's just nothing like a great conversation print to brighten my day!  Well, that or some great buttons.  Or a gorgeous new quilt book.  Or completing a project.  Yeah.  



2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 15, 2017

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! Absolutely no idea at all! I think it needs to be used as a whole piece so it maintains the apartment building effect. Hmmmm... Maybe with a brick wall patchwork around it using the colors in the window panes?

    ReplyDelete

AddThis